Monday, January 24, 2011

2 of 1000

This is another sponge painting done from the book Sponge Painting: Fast and Fun Techniques for Creating Beautiful Art by Terrence Tse.  This one was a real challenge.  I couldn't get the highlights on the vase correct.  I made them much too thick and white rather than transparent and tapering at the bottom.  I tried to correct it but it was difficult.  The perspective of the lily on the right is all wrong.  I also don't feel like there is any sense of depth.  Usually I'd chip away until I felt more satisfied, but at the moment I can't bear to mess with this painting any more.  I am ready to move away from sponge painting for a while and on to something a bit more me! 

1 comment:

  1. I think you did a lovely job with those highlights! I also like the composition, nicely done.

    ReplyDelete