Sunday, April 17, 2011

Cherries in Love

This is my submission for Paint And Draw Together's April challenge. You can check out the site and other submissions here: http://paintanddrawtogether.blogspot.com/. 

To get the background, I did an undercoating of yellow ochre and dark and light green on 8x10 panel. Then I wrapped the canvas in rice paper, using mod podge to adhere it to the panel. I painted the cherries and wood chips on top.  I didn't spend too much time on this one, but I love the colors of the cherries. 

7 comments:

  1. I like the color and shading on the cherries too - and I love the background. Is it wood chips that the cherries are sitting on? I like that it gives the cherry pair a bit of movement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they're wood chips. The actual photograph can be seen here: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-YJ4qVduDtsY/TZqcGpFADTI/AAAAAAAAAtg/AJZMFJDRZHE/s400/Challenge18_Chr.JPG

    I made the chips a little more fluid and jazzed up the background some hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Shannon,I really think you did a great job on the cherries.
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shannon, found out about your blog from Adam's blog. I love painting and drawing too, and before I studied lit I studied art. I'm looking forward to seeing your work on a regular basis-I just became your latest follower.

    ReplyDelete