Sunday, April 29, 2012

Making a mess

I have so much fun doing arts and crafts with Theo.  I used to draw some when I was younger, but didn't really experience much art outside of school.  Actually, that's not entirely true.  My mom is really creative.  She works with ceramics and photography.  But neither of those are that easy to do with children.  Now as an adult I love to paint and I'm so glad Theo shares my enthusiasm for the hobby.  Best of all, he doesn't mind that I'm not very good!  Like me, he just likes playing with color and getting a little messy. 

Here's a pic of him working with me on one of my bloom true canvases.

And some pics of him working on a big canvas we pinned to our wall.  I'm going to end up having to paint the floor and paneling because we're making such a mess but it's worth it!



And this is how the bloom true canvases are coming along.  The first is on layer 12,321...or that's how it feels anyway.  The second is on layer 7 or 8.

Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back!

    I love those Bloom True paintings. It's probably the only way I could paint (free expression/emotional painting) because I can't draw and I don't know anything about shape/color. That being said, yours actually turned out good - I like that you put certain symbols and such in there. I'm sure mine would've just ended up looking like muddy skittles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these Shannon!! You are really on to something good here with this Bloom True Series!!!! Keep on layering!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep going ... and be brave! :-)

    ReplyDelete