We took two pieces of construction paper and glued them together for extra support.
We put some glue down - it was serious glue, not Elmer's.
And we laid the crayons down across the top.
We let it dry overnight. In the morning we melted it with my old blow drier; it doesn't get very hot and I'm impatient so I had it on high. The crayons splattered everywhere! I'll probably have specks of color on our dining room table and chairs forever lol.
Here's Theo admiring the final project.
I figured out how the timer on my camera works and we took a picture of us with the end product. Someday I'm going to hang a bulletin board in his room and I'll be sure to pin this on it.